Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas Stockings

When inspiration strikes, I just have to go with it. A friend at church is getting married in December, so for her Bridal Tea, I decided I would make the couple a pair of Christmas stockings.

I experimented with several styles and looks. I used the pattern from last year's Holiday issue of  Sew Beautiful magazine.

  

The gorgeous embellished stocking on the cover was made by my good friend, Laurie Anderson of  SewNSo's Sewing Journal and Southern Stitches. The pattern for the stocking is included in this issue.

My first idea was to use some of the pile of vintage linens I have in a huge tub. Most of these have holes or tears, so I keep them for projects such as this. I love this version, it is probably my favorite, but I wasn't really sure of the bride's style, so I tried another look.


Since she is a young woman in her 20's, I thought she might like a a trendy look. I had some home dec weight chevron, and decided to combine it also with some vintage trim. I really like how this turned out, but somehow it didn't seem to be "her".


I absolutely love this fun stocking with an appliqued initial from Beau Mitchell Boutique , but I thought it might be too young for her tastes.


 I finally decided that you can never go wrong with classic, so this was my final decision and the ones I gave her. I think she was delighted!


 

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Bravo to your thought and care into the perfect gift! All would be a treasure I am sure!

Sara said...

Thank you Kellie!!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.