Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beautiful monogram

Today, I want to show you this beautiful font I used to stitch on a little pillow!





For fonts and pillows such as this one,  or other projcts where I want an heirloom look,  I prefer to use cotton thread to stitch the embroidery.
The majority of embroidery projects today are stitched with a polyester or rayon embroidery thread, which is both strong and will not fade or bleed.
Since I am now using a different machine to do all my monogramming and embroidery, I need a larger spool of thread than I was able to use on the old machine. I had no cotton thread in a large spool, other than thread for my serger. At the advice of my friend Laurie Anderson, I decided to try the embroidery using the serger thread. I was extremely pleased with the outcome. Now, if you are going to monogram or embroidery on a project of a very fine nature, such as antique linens or a christening gown, I would suggest you invest in a spool of very fine quality cotton thread.

                                 Enjoy and hope this inspires you to create something beautiful!!!



4 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I like the cotton! It doesn't give you the shiny look that polyester or rayon does and looks just a bit more like hand work.

Sewconsult said...

It's beautiful. Where did you get the font?
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

This pillow is breathtaking! You adapted quickly to your new machine.

Debra

Laurie said...

Gorgeous font and pillow, Sara!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.