Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Do you blog?".. . . . . "Why, yes, I do. . .

well, I used to, anyway!! I have been away from it for a while, it seems. Where has the time gone, where has the Fall gone?

Part of my absence is due to Matilda, my new 6-needle embroidery machine that I got earlier in the fall.  A new embroidery machine had not been in my plans nor my desires. But I was approached by 3 interior design and gift shops to do their monogramming, and the machine I had was not up to the job. So, a new machine was in order!

I love to embroider  monograms, and I love the look of a beautifully stitched monogrammed item, such as table, bed and bath linens. I also love monogrammed children's clothing.

When I finally surfaced from the orders I have had, it was time for Christmas! And may I add right here, I am not ready!! I have my gifts bought, but not wrapped, I have up the tree and some decorations, but nothing like what I usually do. I have bought the ham for our dinner this weekend, but not baked the first cookie!!
This is soooooo NOT ME!!!!

Somewhere in there, I did manage to make these dresses for two of the grands and several appliqued tees for 5 of the grands for their casual wear.
We also made a trip to New York City the first weekend in December.


I left home with boxes of decorations scattered all over the house!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?????

But, in retrospect, this is not the usual Christmas. We have had a difficult year. And as my friend Beki said in her blog post "Letting Go",  this year, I'm not Martha!!!! and it's OK. I just don't want to go setting any precedents!!! Next year is another year and I will be back on my game!!!


5 comments:

Sewconsult said...

So glad to see you back. I was hoping that you were just busy and that there wasn't anything wrong. The dresses are darling. Congratulations on the new machine and the embroidery jobs. Have a Merry Christmas.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Kellie said...

Love the dresses! While blogging is fun... I am sure we all would agree that time with family is far more important and I am sure your grands will be glad you spent time sewing for them rather than blogging for us!

Jan M said...

Sara, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. In the midst of all the joy, I know there is also sadness as you miss your grandson and others. The "firsts" are always the most difficult. Christopher is the brightest light twinkling on your tree, letting you know there are still reasons to celebrate, too. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Bunny said...

Glad to have you back. You have been challenged for sure but those challenges make us regroup and rethink. BTDT. It will all fall back into place eventually, better than ever. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. I know it will be bittersweet. Take care, friend.

Ellie Inspired said...

Merry Christmas, Sara! Been thinking about you. I'm glad you are letting yourself take it a little easier this Christmas. Your trip to New York looks like fun! I hope this Christmas is peaceful filled with memories. I will be remembering you!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.