Saturday, October 1, 2011

Do you know who made your kid's clothes????

I always love to read Kelly's posts and see her daughters dressed so adorably! I especially love her post on "Where do you shop for your kids".
The question I posed in my title may not be of importance to you but, I hope to get you to think about it!!
The very best place in the world to buy kids clothes is right here in the

USA

I have been making custom children's clothing for over 20 years. In the past few years, there has been a huge increase of WAHM's who are designing and sewing beautiful childrens clothing, accessories,costumes, party decorations and favors and room decor.  They do this not only as a creative outlet, but also to be at home with their children while still being able to contribute to the family's income.Many have websites and even more now have Fan Pages on Facebook. You can find most anything you want by surfing through the Facebook pages, on etsy and ebay too!

In today's economic climate, we, in this country,  have lost many garment manufacturers to overseas production. But the children's clothing cottage industry is alive and well right here in the United States!

So, I hope that when you need kid's clothing, you will consider supporting these very talented and creative
home-based businesses.


Support made in the USA !!!!!!

In addition to my own site




I would like to feature some of my friends!!





5 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Great post. My first thought to many of these young mothers is to tell them that with a little guidance, they can make the clothing themselves. I realize that some moms neither have the desire or the time (if they are working full time), but when I had my homebased business, many of my customers did their own smocking and I did the construction of the clothes. I have 2 great nieces that I should be sewing for, but have had other things to take up my time. I hope to get to some sewing projects soon. I have a head full of ideas.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Debbie B said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I smocked and sewed many of my children's clothes when they were young. My daughter & I have recently gone into business together making custom children's clothing and doing embroidery/applique. We are hoping that she can quit her job at the bank and become a stay-at-home mom soon. littleclothesandbows.com is our dream!

Bunny said...

Amen!

thedomesticdiva said...

So true! And what talent you ladies have!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I loved sewing for our children growing up and now look forward to doing that with our future grandbaby to be born in March and all the future grandlittles :o)
Love to look at all your beautiful work on your blog.
I love Sew n Sew's Sweing journal and will check out the others you've shared.

Just wanted to be sure to stop by and say...Happy, happy, happy thanksgiving today and every day!
Thankful for having met you here through blogland!

Blessings & Aloha!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.