Friday, June 10, 2011

The Garden Project

I have my passions and I have been trying to help my hubby find his!  I am trying really hard to help him decide that gardening is going to be his passion. I love gardening but don't have as much time for it anymore.
We have this garden spot in our back yard and sadly it has sat full of weeds for the past four or five years.
This year, we have gotten some paint on the fence and still have some pickets to replace.
Here is how this arbor with the "New Dawn" rose looked last year on Mother's Day

See all the weeds in the background? We had to trim this rose as it was about to break down the arbor.
So, I have no photos of the before of the garden spot. Which is probably good as it would scare you to death!

 The original garden had a bed all around the inside perimeter. We had those taken up and replaced them with a square bed in each corner.





Those dying bushes you see in the center bed are some that just needed to get in the ground , that is not their final  place. However with this intense heat and no rain, they are struggling to stay alive.




8 comments:

Laurie said...

It's good see a garden progressing. A new beginning every year. We are big garden people. There are pictures of last years sidewalk project on FB.

There are a few of my sewing project too. Now that the sidewalk is done I will have more time to sew!

Kellie said...

Every year is a new beginning for a garden... so much potential! I trust you all find comfort in the little things this year. Been praying for you!

outlook hosting said...

Just beautiful!

Ellie Inspired said...

That looks like it will be beautiful! I hope that your husband will love gardening. It is a great space to work in!

Bunny said...

I wish I were close by, Sara. I would love to come help design and plant this lovely garden area. That rose was spectacular.

Marlis said...

I second your intense heat and no rain pain. Same here. Your garden is looking really good and will give you so much pleasure in years to come! Many Blessings, marlis

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Darling Sara,

Your blog is just beautiful. I spent all day in our gardens for we added two new rooms to the back of the house and it left a mess in the yard. But what fun, for my husband enjoys gardening as much as I do and we are calling it a day now. Your comment is precious to me for my aim in my writing and visuals is to evoke some kind of emotion. I hope your cry was REJUVENATING!

Please come back again! I have dear blogger friends in Tennessee..Anita

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

oh i cabn't wait to work on my backyard - that's next years project - i did a few things, but nothing SPECTACULAR yet :o)

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Hi Blogger Friends today is the LAST DAY to stop by and ENTER~Light as a Feather necklace GIVEAWAY~ it’s an almost $50 value!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.