Thursday, April 28, 2011

Til the Storm passes by

A friend posted the words to this old hymn a few days ago and I have sung this to myself over and over to myself the past few days during the constant watches, warnings and sirens.
It was so bad in the St. Louis area and following that storm West Tennessee was under numerous tornado and severe thunderstorm watches and warnings for three days. We had over a foot of rain and many roads damaged from all the water.
Of course, this is nothing compared to what our neighbors to the south of us in Alabama have suffered and even the tip of Tennessee, along the state line and many other places so numerous.
We know, personally, a little bit of what they are going through. It was almost 1 year ago, May 1, that our business was hit by a tornado and most of our business property was destroyed. Thankfully, we were not there as it happened early on a Sunday morning, so we were not injured and it was not our home. We were fortunate indeed.
But even though we escaped injury, the aftermath was emotionally and physically trying. We were still able to carry on with our business but had to add to that dealing with the cleanup , FEMA, SBA, insurance, trying to locate records, repairs and materials, someone to do the work, moving our office equipment to the house and the list goes on and on.
So, please pray for those affected in any way by these terrible storms. And if you live near any of the areas, if you can, take someone a plate of cookies or a sandwich, lend a hand or let them know you are praying for them. Trust me, it will mean everything to them.

In the dark of the midnight,
Have I oft hid my face;
While the storm howls above me,
And there's no hiding place;
'Mid the crash of the thunder,
Precious Lord, hear my cry;
"Keep me safe 'til the storm passes by."

4 comments:

Susie said...

Oh I have been praying! This is just so devastating. I am happy to hear that you and your family are okay. Hang in there!

Laurie said...

So devestating, but rejoicing that so many of our loved ones are ok. Keeping those who were not so fortunate in my thoughts and prayers!

CAS said...

My heart and prayers go out to those who stand at risk or who have already suffered.
CAS

Sewconsult said...

Prayers for all those who have lost loved ones and homes. We're still waiting to hear from relatives in N Georgia. My BIL's aunt is missing in Alabama.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.