Sunday, April 17, 2011

Patience in the Garden

I have never claimed to be a great gardener, certainly not like my parents or my sister, who is a fantastic gardener. But I do love to walk in my garden (yard) this time of year, early in the morning with the sun coming up and my cup of coffee, looking to see what may have bloomed over night.
This is one of the areas in which I have to exercise patience!! The azaleas in my yard have been in bloom for over two weeks now.
 And my lilacs are almost gone now, but the knock-out roses are in full bloom!!!


One of my favorites, is this Clematis. I have tried for years to be successful with Clematis, and finally have one that blooms faithfully. Any day now!!!!This one has saucer-sized white blooms.

Here is new one, just planted last year, but it has two blooms!!!

And while our state flower , the Iris, is blooming abundantly in everyone else's yard here, I await patiently!!!





 A surprise this morning, I don't remember my hydrangeas having blooms quite this early!!



In  The Garden

I come to the garden alone
while the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear
Falling on mine ear
The Son of God discloses

And, He walks with me
And, He talks with me
And, He tells me I am His own
And, the joy we share as we tarry there
None other, has ever, known.











5 comments:

Jan M said...

Your garden looks like a very happy place! Gardening does seem to teach us patience and many other things.
Love that hymn. We asked that it be sung at my mother's funeral. It was one of her favorites -- as was a beautiful garden! She would have loved yours.

Kellie said...

Your garden looks so inviting! The blooms just before they open is my favorite time... the anticipation of something beautiful from God! My columbine is full and getting ready to open!

liZ evans said...

Oh...your garden makes me lament living here in the desert...Here nothing is green or blooming...It is freezing and dry and in my neighborhood NOTHING will grow...

But on the bright side I just bought a truck load of rose bushes. (We've noticed those still thrive in our bad soil.) So the planting of the rose bushes is on the agenda for this weekend!

Laurie said...

I don't know how I missed this - however, I'm glad I found it today! Your garden looks sooooo peaceful! I wish I had a special garden in my yard, but then again, I might not get much sewing done, as gardens take lots of work! I'd love to have the luxury tho of spending some quiet time enjoying a garden tho!

Ellie Inspired said...

I love the pictures of your garden! Having something like this outside my back door is a dream of mine but you are right...it takes lots of patience to make it that way! It is a beautiful, peaceful escape. I think it would be fun to be sitting with you on the patio, smocking. :)

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.