Friday, April 29, 2011

The Forgotten Woman

I have heard it said the the mother of the groom is the "Forgotten Woman" in the festivities surrounding a wedding. How poignant that sentiment seems today.




I admit, I was a Diana-watcher and was broken-hearted when she left us. I loved seeing her transform from the shy young girl she was when she became a royal to the fashion icon when she passed away. So, I can't help but wonder what she would have chosen to wear today, had she lived.
I love this photo of her. It is so hard to believe she would be 50 this year!


It would be hard to top the mother of the bride in today's wedding, as Mrs. Middleton looked stunning!


But I know that Princess Diana would have been a show-stopper!!

3 comments:

Bunny said...

I think the specter of Diana was really present today. How could it not be? Diana is so sorely missed. She would be so proud of William and his choice of bride, I'm sure.

Laurie said...

I think Diana's presence was there today. Prince William looks sooooo much like his mother and he has so many of the same characteristics of her. I too think she would have been soooo proud, and I think she would have been a show-stopper in her fashion, as she always was!

Goosegirl said...

I so agree. I loved her so much. I loved every bit of the wedding. India and I texted each other the whole time. I think she was very much honored in the festivities and I think she would have been very proud of her sons. She did a good job raising them and was such a beautiful woman.

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.