Monday, December 6, 2010

The spirit of Christmas Past


                                                                 Me and Santa!!!
My talented friend Laurie of SewnSews is hosting a linky party for everyone to show their Christmas sewing projects from the past. I can't wait to see all the beautiful projects that everyone has created over the years. I am sure to get lots of inspiration from them!! I would like to invite you to participate and show us the gifts, outfits, or special home decoations you have created!!



This is the first Christmas themed dress I smocked for my daughter. I don't know why I had not smocked her anything for Christmas before this one!!



I don't remember the plate name, but I loved how this dress looked on her!! I don't know what was going on with that pose of my son's, but as I look back, I am grateful that he was so cooperative in these photos!!

This is the bubble I made for my grandson Holt's first Christmas. I saw this in Creative Needle (I miss that magazine) and it has always been one of my favorite things!!

This is a white bishop style dress smocked in Red and bound at the neck and sleeve in red gingham check. The collar is laid over the dress and is detachable. It is made of Swiss embroidered edging.


This dress is an original design, except for the pinafore bib. It is made of black velveteen with a plaid silk dupioni overskirt. The organdy bib is machine embroidered.


Red corduroy a line top and pants, machine appliqued.

Holt's Christmas outfit for his second Christmas. It is the only thing I ever made that his daddy refused to let him wear!!!
                                      Teal green corduroy with machine embroidered applique
             I made these PJ's for Holt for his second Christmas and three years later they are still too big!!


                                                       A couple of Christmas stockings!

                                                           Smocked Christmas bubble











Christmas pillows with machine embroidery



8 comments:

Laurie said...

LOVE your sewing projects from Christmas Past, Sara! I wonder what year it was that you made the original design dress - reason I ask is that it sparked a memory of a dress that I made Lindsay and I used the same color theme - in fact I might have even used the same fabrics!!! That is one dress that I did not see hanging in Lindsay's closet, so it must have been one that I purged!
Thanks so much for taking us down your memory lane! This is sooo much fun hopping from blog to blog and seeing and reading about all the beautiful creations from Christmas Past!

Laurie said...

Oh and I forgot to mention that my most FAVORITE picture on this post is of you on Santa's Lap! What a keepsake!!! That is something that I don't have. :(
It sooooo reminded me of Miracle on 34th Street, which is one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time!

ShirleyC said...

I love all of your pictures and projects. How neat that you have a picture of you and Santa1

I posted more pics of Shelby in the Lacey Clair skirt on my blog.

Merry Christmas!

Smocking with Gwen said...

Sara,
All of these are just wonderful. Countless Christmas memories from loving hands!
Thanks so much for sharing these!
Gwen

Elisabeth Rose said...

Sara, all of your creations are lovely, but I especially like the black velvet suit with the lace collar and the white Michaela bubble. Thanks for inspiring us with your Christmas sewing!

Ellie Inspired said...

Beautiful, beautiful!!! My favorites are the white garments. I don't know why I haven't made Elisabeth any white Christmas dresses or pj's yet. The embroidery shows up so beautifully on them. Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures!
Laura

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

so many beautiful dresses and bubles, I wish my daughter would still wear smocked dresses!
The picture of you and Santa is perfect, a great souvenir.
Thanks for visiting.

Rettabug said...

Oh my, Sara....what a wealth of wonderful creations & memories! I wish I had seen this post sooner...I would have liked to have made a "Peace" pillow for this year. Maybe I still have time?

Your work is impeccable & always so inspiring. Everything you do has your signature touch to it. Just breathtaking!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.