Monday, December 6, 2010

Our Christmas Home

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her Deck the Halls Party!!






My decorating is finished, except for one more touch or two, here and there. Just wanted to share with you! My sweet sister did most of the work for me. She is very creative and always has such good ideas. (I did the trees by myself)
Tree in the living room, decorated in silver, white and gold

My gifts are wrapped in red, gold , cream and tartan plaid. I found this fabulous ribbon that ties the most beautiful bows!!


This is a sequined ornament my mother made that has my daddy's photo. My mother has made dozens of these ornaments using not only sequins but also vintage jewelry.
Here are a few more of them



My living room mantle. The painting ove the mantle is of Paris. I fell in love with it when I saw it and my indulgent husband bought it for me on the spot!!!



The sideboard is a piece that I will always treasure. My dad made this for me for Christmas, the year before he passed away. I enjoy dressing it for all the seasons!

The china I am using is "Royal Hunt" by Noritake and the ruby stemware is a set my sister gave me. We have interspersed a collection of gold churches, under which I have LED candles, which flicker just like real ones!!



The mantle in the den has part of our Christmas Village collection. The garland is tucked with red berries and red jingle bells.


                                                                     
This is my library table, one of our first pieces of furniture. My parents gave us this table. I still have to add a battenburg cloth over the plaid cloth to be finished here.!!. I usually serve dessert and coffee from this table.

This is a close up of the garland over the living room mantle. I love the red velvet poinsettias. You can see one of my little birds that reside on this mantle year round.

Our nativity in front of the mirror in the small dining room. You can see the reflection of the den in the mirror. The set was given to me one Christmas by my stepdaughter. The fancy wise man in gold is part of a set made by my mother in law.
Part of my collection of "pictures with Santa". The red frame holds a photo of my husband and his brother. I love that one!!! and I just love Christmas frames. I am working on having one for each of the family.





(Yeah, I know, one of these photos does not have Santa in it, but, hey, you take what you can get, tright?)


This one in the silver frame is me.
I have several new ones to fill this year.






these are some pillows I have made and love putting them out each year.


This little platform rocker was my husband's when he was 2 years old. Our children all sat in it to watch their favorite cartoons and now the grands love it just as much!!!

The small dining room. or hall.




Living room coffee table


My moving santa, who works away all Christmas on the toys!!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Looks way festive. I have a lot of Christmas books too. I am on BNOTP too right after you. Just stopped to take a look.

CAS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CAS said...

Oops! I forgot to tell you that I'm a new follower!
CAS

CAS said...

Your trees & other decor are very pretty. This time of year is just so much fun. Thank you for stopping by my blog.
CAS

CAS said...

Your trees & other decor are very pretty. This time of year is just so much fun. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Jan M said...

Your home, and all the holiday touches, are lovely. I especially adore the Christmas photographs from years past. Priceless!

ShirleyC said...

Your home is very lovely, and I love that red picture frame!

Smocking with Gwen said...

Merry Christmas Sara!
Love your home and all your special touches! How wonderful your sideboard is that your Dad made! Just knowing when you touch it that your Dad put his hands to every inch of it!
(((Hugs)))
Gwen

Laurie said...

Beautiful decorating, Sara - wanna come over and decorate my house?! LOL! Mine looks soooo "kindergarten" compared to yours! I wish I was a better decorator, but my tastes outwork my pocketbook!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.