Sunday, October 3, 2010

A small world and a different path

I never cease to be amazed at technology. With the advent of the Internet and social networking, the world has indeed become a smaller place. I have reconnected with friends and family and found sewing sisters that once I had only read about, but now am now chatting with on a daily basis. I could go on and on about things which technology has opened up and made available to so many. It still amazes me!
Life has taken me on a different path this summer. This year, I have begun designing and publishing patterns and through this venture God has brought some wonderful friends into my life. He has also used them to give me messages, little "postcards" from Him, that has brought me peace and assurance concerning other things that are going on in this season of my life.
In the midst of a difficult summer, I have been given an opportunity to teach a class for my first pattern, Irby,
at the Children's Corner in Nasville, TN.
Even though I have taught smocking and French handsewing classes for many years, this will be my first time to teach in this type setting. Susan, the owner of the shop, also had me design a project just for this school.
As time for the school approaches, I am both excited and anxious at once! Naturally, I want everything to be "just right", and I hope and pray that the ladies who have signed up for my classes will find me to be a good teacher!
Hopefully, after the school, I will be able to post pictures of the classes.
Wishing all of you a blessed and happy Sunday!!

8 comments:

Julia said...

Wish I was closer to Nashville. I'd sign up for your class in a heartbeat. But I guess driving three hours would be a little much. Good luck with your class. I'm sure it will go very well. I love that I have found your blog.

Cole's Corner said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm sure your students will love you.

Ellie Inspired said...

You will do wonderful, Sara! I wish I could come be in your class!

Jan M said...

Best wishes as you travel all the new paths in your life!
Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! Your students will be blessed. Have a great time and congratulations.

Meg

ShirleyC said...

I know your students will enjoy your class. Wish I lived closer.

Rettabug said...

When you told me you were "preparing to go to the CC class on thursday" I thought you were TAKING a class....NOT TEACHING IT!!! YEAH YOU!!
What a thrill! I know you'll do a great job.
I sure do wish we lived closer to each other.

Alice said...

I have had a similar experience with connecting with people through my love of embroidery. Good luck with your classes, teaching can be very rewarding.

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.