Friday, October 22, 2010

Dressing boys!

We are at the crossroads of clothing choices. My grandson will be 5 next February. His mama would keep him in heirloom clothing forever, I think. But he is long and very lanky and I , of course, do not want him to look foolish or be the target of teasing. At the same time, I do want him well-dressed and age appropriate.
My daughter STILL wants him in jon-jons. Even I think that is pushing the boundaries a bit!! But she says she will dress him like a little boy as long as she can. I certainly cannot argue with that! I would like to see him  in the English schoolboy look for fall: wool shorts,  a sweater over a shirt, knee socks and a tie. That is where his mother put her foot down, absolutely no tie yet!!
As far as sewing for him goes, there is just nothing out there in the way of patterns for his age, THAT I LIKE!!!! I find myself searching and searching and designing and designing for him and still not quite satisfied.

Here are a few of my favorites that I have made him!



6 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

He is a doll. I do think the beauty of children can be enhanced by their clothes. He sure has lovely clothes!!

Sara said...

thank you Jeannie! I agree, I just like to see the preciousness of a child played up by beautiful clothing!

Laurie said...

He's grown up soooo fast, Sara. Love the garments you have made him and can't wait to see more of your creations for boys!

Julia said...

My daughter and son-in-law are the opposite of your grandson's mom. I made one little heirloom outfit for him when he was newborn and they put it on him long enough for a photo. Since then, it's been slacks with real zippers, dress shirts, ties, etc.... He is their little man.

Ellie Inspired said...

You have made really beautiful things for him and I have no doubt that you will come up with something fantastic! I can't wait to see!

Michie' said...

Little boys are such a challenge to sew for! Thanks for sharing your projects.

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.