Monday, August 30, 2010

I'll swannie,That Southern Matriarch gets me in more trouble!!!

I have never been satisfied with my little collars so my quest today has been to learn to perfect them. I visited Creations by Michie' and of course, Southern Matriarch, my dear friend Martha.
Learned all kinds of thing at both places!!
So, I see where I am lacking and have proceeded to spend the afternoon, ordering, instead of getting down to the business of sewing!!
OK, now I have to admit to some things: first, I use ready made piping whenever at ALL possible (gasp!!) and then, ( much to my chagrin) I do not own an edge-joining foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, got that ordered, (also picked up another new foot that promises to fold and attach bias binding beautifully, we'll see) along with the German interfacing, the glue pen, a loop turner, a purple thang and of course, a supply of ready made piping.
I am getting ready to make the grands a couple of little Sunday dresses by Michie'.

 
So, I give a big shout-out to Martha and Michie' for their excellent instructions on collars!!!

6 comments:

bubbygigi said...

I love that pattern. The dresses will be adorable. I always say that you need the right tools to get the job done. It sounds like now you'll have the right tools. Good luck to you. Gita

Robin Hart said...

LOL... Martha can get you into trouble for sure! You need that edge joining foot for sure.

Laurie said...

I love that pattern too and I can't wait to see what gorgeous confections you create!

Martha said...

Awwwww shucks ma'am, you shouldn't have. You are too sweet. You know we all have our hang ups and mine is collars I must admit. No really it is probably only surpassed by ironing. LOL and you didn't have an edge joining foot?????? You are going to be AMAZED at what it will do for you! Glad I could help or at least get you to do your part for economic recovery. And at least someone is sewing. I'm embroidering a very special project so not much machine work happening here. Can't wait to see your new pretties.

Julia said...

I have learned lots from Ms. Martha too!

Michie' said...

Thank you for the kind words! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project and am glad that I could help. :)

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.