Friday, April 9, 2010

Opening Night!!!

Just wanted to let my blogging friends know where I have been all week. I am in the play "Steel Magnolias" , playing the role of Clairee. Tonight is opening night. I love community theater and have been involved with our local arts council in the past. I only have one other role under my belt and that was several years ago. I had the role of Elsa in "Sound of Music". I even sang and danced in that one!!!!
I decided to try out on a lark. I thought learning the lines would be a good excercise for my brain!!!

9 comments:

Smocking with Gwen said...

Sara! You are my hero! I once heard the public speaking led in the most "dreaded to do list" before death!

Julia said...

This is something I've always wanted to do but never had the nerve to try!! Way to go! My grand daughters played the youngest two VonTrapp kids in the SOM back in the fall of last year.

Haden News said...

Break a leg Sara! (Isn't that what they say to wish you good luck!!) lol O I wish I could go to your show! Enjoy!!

Rettabug said...

If I were closer, I'd have a HUGE bouquet of flowers to hand to you at the end of the performance!
Have a wonderful time & yes, do "break a leg". LOL

LAnderson (Southern Stitches) said...

I'm soooo proud of you and very excited for you too! I wish I could be there to see you! I know you will have a wonderful time!

Goosegirl said...

Oh Sara, if we were anywhere within driving distance, we would be there cheering you on and handing your roses! I am so excited and happy for you. I know you will do a fabulous job!

Shelia said...

Oh, Sara! How marvelous for you! I would love to see you in this! I'm clapping really loudly for you now!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Martha said...

Oh wow!!!! Good luck! I love Claree, "You know I love you more than my luggage!"

Jan said...

Hope Opening Night was a blast, and that your next performances will be just as wonderful!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.