Friday, March 5, 2010

Sweet baby Daygowns

Daygowns are probably my favorite thing to make for a baby. Here are two that I made last year for my granddaughters.
The design for the gown is by Lyn Holyoke shown in Sew Beautiful magazine issue #121. I made a few modifications but I really love the basic style of this pattern. All it is really is a bishop style without the pleating and smocking. It is simply gathered to a bias band


                        I made the blue version for Lacey .



And the pink version is for Amelia .



9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Just precious.

Julia said...

AAAWwww...

Sewconsult said...

So sweet. I love baby gowns, too. I wish more young mothers liked them as well.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Jan said...

Daygowns and bonnets are favorites of mine. These are especially lovely examples!

Martha said...

So pretty,Love them both. I have always liked those, but our mommy-to-be doesn't like the placket ruffle. ::sigh::

Rettabug said...

Oh my Sara...they are both GORGEOUS! I ♥ those plump little bullion rosebuds & the delicate little ruffles down the front of each are so charming.

I adored Lyn Holyoke when I took her class at Lace Camp. She is sheer delight to watch & learn from.

I'm glad you have these babies to sew for!!

fondly,
Rett

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Absolutely lovely!

Blessings & Aloha!

Michie' Mooney said...

Just beautiful!

Ellie Inspired said...

Oooh! So beautiful! Your hand embroidery is perfect as always and those beautiful daygowns and bonnets have love in every stitch.

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.