Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday in Paris



It has been my life long wish to visit Paris.
Ten years ago today my sixteen year old daughter called me from Paris France. She was there on a trip with a group from her high school.
As I sat on my porch in Tennessee, and she in Paris, France, we talked over the miles and wept together as she described to me the experience of sitting in a Palm Sunday service in Notre Dame Cathedral. She told me how moving, how reverent and intensely spiritual it was to hear the hymns sung in French.
I pray for many blessings on all of you, my blogging friends, as we approach this Holy Week and remember and commemorate the life, death and  blessed ressurection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Au revoir!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sara...

We leave for Tennessee on Wednesday. My sister lives outside of Nashville and I'm so excited about seeing her again. This has been a tough year for her.

I was so thrilled to read your post as i hope and pray someday to travel to France and do exactly what your girl did.

Love to you this beautiful Palm Sunday.

Love, Rebecca

Rettabug said...

What a beautiful memory, Sara! How lucky your daughter was to experience such a wonderful service. I'm envious! I wonder if I'll ever make it to France.

Sending wishes for a very happy Easter!
He is Risen Indeed!

Rebecca said...

Sara...I received the beautiful Baby Bonnet today and all the supplies you sent. I couldn't wait to post about your generous gift to me and share about you and your talented hands. You are truly blessed by God.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love sewing but for some reason Smocking always scared me. I paid for things to be smocked for my girl and even my Miss K. I'm hoping I can learn enough to someday be one fourth as good as you are.

Thank you for the blessings. Thank you sooo very, very much.

Love, Rebecca

Ginger said...

Sara, I came over from Rebeccas blog and she is absolutely right.....you are one talented lady. Such precise and beautiful stitches. There are not many people who can do what you do. Just beautiful. Oh, I dream of going to Paris also, how fun for your daughter and how thrilling to see all the architecture. Glad I found your blog.
Ginger

Charlene said...

Beautiful post. What a sweet memory to have of that phone call from France. I saw your beautiful creations. Breathtaking. Rebeccas sent me & she was right... you do amazing work. Charlene

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.