Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dainty Delights

This is a daygown I started in a Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion in 2002. It languished in my UFP box for years. I couldn't believe I waited so long to finish it as I had most of the embroidery worked. When we found out in late 2008 that we would be having two more granddaughters, I got this and the other projects out and finished some of them!!
The gown is Wendy Schoen's pattern called "Baby Blossoms".






The bonnet is from Wendy's class at the school that year called "Dainty Delights".



The front of the skirt has those lovely dots I am crazy over!!! They are called "granitos".




7 comments:

Jan said...

So glad you were inspired to finish it! Grandchildren seem to do that. It is too sweet!

Sewconsult said...

Very sweet. I think it is #893 lace from Capitol Import, too. One of my favorite laces.
Beckie

ShirleyC said...

That is truly a treasure. Just beautiful!

Martha said...

So beautiful. Love your embroidery

LAnderson said...

Pure beauty, Sara! Love it - also had to laugh at the UFP's from MP school - I promised myself I would finish my UFP's as soon as I returned from school - 2 years later they are still UFP's, but with the birth of a grandbaby coming in October, I just might get the two remaining UFP's completed!

Smocking with Gwen said...

Sara....love this UFP! It's too precious! You have prompted me to go look for one to finish...maybe.

Rettabug said...

I could have sworn that I commented on this, Sara but I don't see it. Blogger has been eating posts again. :*(

Its is outstandingly beautiful & I love all those teeny-tiny granitos! Well done!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.