Friday, February 12, 2010

Sew Cute!!!



I have to agree with my sweet friend Martha about this project: the preparation is a lot more involved than the actual work!!!
I guess I have to admit that I was not as prepared on the entire project as I should have been , but it took me about two weeks to get all the supplies together and that made the project seem huge and overwhelming to me. (and I found myself dreading it)
But. . . .once all my little mail orders started arriving, I found I couldn't wait to get going on the jacket from Gail Doane's book "Sew Cute Couture. The bonnet is by Wendy Schoen Design and is called Baby's first Outing.
And like my friend Martha, I agree that it pays huge  dividends in adorableness for the amount of hand work required..
This little set, whhich in my opinion is more than precious, is for my granddaughter Lacey's first birthday. I think it will make her a perfect spring coat and bonnet!!!











9 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Sara, I love love love this!! I love the little bunnies. I wish my embroidery was better. I need to keep working at it and someday may be at your level. I do have that book and want to try the little jacket too.
Oh, and your header picture is so beautiful!

Sivje

Martha said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!! Love the new banner. That just says pure joy in the moment. And I would never have thought to pair Wendy's bonnet with this jacket but it is a perfect match. It just says spring and toddler. LOVE the jacket in the pique. Love it, love it, love it. Dare I ask what dress she is wearing under the jacket?

LAnderson said...

Sara, this is just toooooo adorable for words!!! I can't wait to see pics of Lacey in the little coat and bonnet!!! Love the bullion bunnies! I too, have Gail's book - it's chocked FULL of goodies! BTW, Gail is coming here in 2011 for a SAGA workshop, wanna go to it with me?

ritad said...

Just Precious!

julia said...

Awww......

Sewconsult said...

So cute. Makes me want grandchildren!

Bunny said...

Sara, the new banner is stunning, but then again you are stunning! That baby and that garden, oh my....

Your jacket is just sooo sweet. I've used that pattern and just love that curve on the yoke. You done a stunning interpretation of Gail's design.

Rettabug said...

Sooo utterly, utterly precious, Sara!! I just ♥ everything about this outfit.
You do fabulous work & continue to inspire me with each & every post. I'm itching to do some handwork now. :D

fondly,
Rett

Daniel Dragomirescu said...

Nice blog and so feminin. Congratulations, dear Sara!
Daniel D. Peaceman, writer and editor

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.