Saturday, February 27, 2010

Passing in Review

I have been going back through photos of past creations I have made. For several years, I was a member of several sewing groups on ebay and designed and sewed to sell. If you have never visited the"boutique" arena of ebay, you will be very surprised at the quality of the work offered there on a custom basis. I think most people view ebay as a "yard sale" format but there is a world of beautiful hand made clothing for children there, as well.
From this world of design and sewing, many of my ebay friends have gone on to other pursuits. Some are now fabulous photograhers, web designers, fabric designers, pattern designers, or even have their own line of children's clothing that are sold in retail stores.
The creativity in all these areas always amazed me
So, for the next few weeks, I will be showing you some photos of garments I have made over the years.
The first one is a remake of a dress I had myself as a child. I couldn't locate a pattern at the time that was similar, so I designed my own interpretation of how I remembered it.




14 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Sara, this is so darling!! I love the red and white and your sweet little model is precious! You know I love your work. I pray you have a beautiful Saturday.

Silver Pansy Designs said...

This is sooo cute -- is similar to one I had as a child. I got in trouble with the nuns for wearing it to Catholic school. It was sleeveless and they called my mother to bring me a sweater. Times have changed!

julia said...

I adore that dress!!!!

The Sewing Loft said...

What a beautiful child and outfit! She is one put-together little girl. Wonderful dress. :)

ShirleyC said...

That is a classic dress for sure. I believe that when I think back to things like this is why I have such a hard time sewing with the big prints that are so popular these days.

Rettabug said...

Oh Sara...how SWEET!! You need to market this pattern, Lady. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. LOVE that full, full skirt & the length is just right.
I remember necklines like that too.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! My this is beautiful! How amazing that you had created it without having a pattern to follow, but from your memories of your own dress.

It is so sweet! And your daughter makes it doubly sweet.
Oh, and I agree with Rettabug! I would love a pattern...for a future granddaughter!
Blessings & Aloha!

LAnderson said...

Sara, this dress is just DARLING! You need to bring it to our next retreat so we can all see it up close and personal!

Shelia said...

Hi Sara! Oh, this little dress is just precious! I wore little dresses like this when I was little. You are so talented with your sewing. Your little model is adorable too!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debra Martin said...

how beautiful! ...and timeless...

Ellie Inspired said...

So darling!!! I love it Sara! I hope you publish this pattern someday too.

Jeannie B. said...

That is such a cute, cute little dress!

Jeannie B. said...

That is such a cute, cute little dress!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Merely returned here to advise you about Mobile Monopoly. This is a superb technique and WILL make you money, especially seeing as you own a website. Take a quick look at the video, the system is about using Mobile Advertising which is brand new and an unexposed market where you can make thousands by doing hardly any work. I assure you that after you watch their short video it will change you and it will start making you think. http://mobile-mastermind.com

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.