Monday, October 26, 2009

Met Monday--Long overdue Kitchen Remodel



Be sure to visit Susan who hosts Metamorphosis Monday, at Between Naps on the Porch. thanks Susan!!




We have lived in our home over 25 years and almost every year here, we have made some improvement to the house. Alas, we did not make before and after photos along the way. How I wish we had, as it would fill a book!! We love old homes, with all the nooks and crannies and little oddities that come with them.
To begin, we totally gutted the entire house. We put in new plumbing, wiring and put up sheet rock, as it had none. We took down some walls to create a master suite with another bath. We added insulation, a new roof, new heating and cooling system, new windows (the squirrels had eaten the old ones), remodeled the kitchen, enclosed one porch to make a laundry room, and  enclosed another porch to make a sun room.
In subsequent years, we added  a den and another bedroom over it, a large porch, a dressing room to an upstairs bedroom, a carport with a storage room and game room over it, and  remodeled my closet, which is under the stairs. It has been painted on the outside 4 times, another new roof, another central system unit (getting that this week) re-landscaped 3 times, two new driveways, and a potting shed remodeled.
Here is the kitchen remodel we did last summer.

                                                  Before

 
 



                                                          

                                                                         After



 

 

 

 





12 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Sara! It's so nice to meet you and I am just drooling over your gorgeous kitchen makeover! Love the whiteness and the beadboard! That little corner sink is so cute and I'm sure really practical. Now I'm going to scroll down through your blog and check it out!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Sara said...

thank you sheila!!

Rebecca said...

OMGOSH...did you buy custom cabinets for your kitchen???? Do share. We are in a quandary over what to do!

LOVELY!

xoRebecca

Anna said...

fabulous kitchen! I love all the wood details. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Sara said...

LOL !!!
Well, yes they were built on site but it was 25 years ago!!! We just repainted them this go 'round!! there was nothing wrong with them , so we saw no reason to have new ones made. I wasn't up for that, anyway!! the hood over the stove is new, however!
But thanks!!

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

wow your kitchen looks wonderful, love the little sink in the corner, boy could I use that. I also like the woodwork detail, very pretty...I am a new follower of yours, and I will be back to see more...come visit

Rita Kent at TesoroFino.Com said...

Oh how I so wish I could have this kitchen. I'll be following your blog to see more photos of your lovely home. I'm sure the whole house looks lovely.

Stop by and see my lovely transformation and don't forget to see yesterday's post too!!!...My papa's hand-painted frescoes from the cathedrals of Southern Italy!

And if you like what you see, don't forget to click the "Follow" button so that we can inspire each other often!

Maureen said...

Oh that gilded frame and teaset. Awesome!

Leanne said...

I have MAJOR stove envy!!!:) I LOVE your kitchen, too. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rettabug said...

Outstanding job, Sara!! The cabinets are TDF as is that stove...major envy is right!!!

I adore the gilded frame where you hung it and all your lovely accessories are just wonderful with it. Beautiful!!

♥ Rettabug

Sara said...

thank you!!!!!

Courtney and Jason G. said...

looks great!!

counter

free website hit counter login page
Powered by web analyticswebsite-statistics.html stats software program.